Monday, June 7, 2010

My Trip to Washington D.C


Hey Everyone! I hope you're all having a great summer and enjoying your time off! Congratulations Senior Class 2010, I know a lot of high schools have just had their graduations. I recently just got back from my trip to Washington D.C this weekend and I absolutely fell in love with our Nation's Capitol. I was visiting a recent Siena grad since he is now living in D.C and attending law school in the fall! After getting a tour of the area I was really surprised. I didn't realize how much I would enjoy the neighborhoods in D.C, like Foggy Bottom, where he was staying, or Georgetown. I am a true New Yorker and I didn't think any city could top NYC, but maybe I was wrong. D.C is almost a cleaner NYC with lower buildings.

I was especially excited about going to the National Zoo! I am a huge animal lover and ever since I was small enjoyed going to the Bronx Zoo, but it was the only one I had ever seen. It was nice to venture out and go some where new. I was so impressed with how easy it was to get there, just a few stops on the metro and a little walking and you're right there!

I am now definitely jealous of all the students who get to do a semester in Washington D.C through Siena! I hope you all get the chance to visit sometime.

- Liv<3

1 comment: