Sunday, June 7, 2009

Summer Fun!


Hey Everyone!

Alright, so I am new to the Siena blogging world, but I am happy to be here for the summer. My name is Leanne, and I will be a sophomore in the Fall of 2009. I just finished my freshman year (yikes, time flies by!), and let me tell you... IT WAS GREAT! It's funny because Siena wasn't even my first choice (or on my radar during my early college search so long ago), but, I honestly couldn't be happier. I've been home for a month already, and, I'm already excited to go back in August.

Although I'm eager to go back to school, (weird, I know.. but, you'll understand once you go =]), I've been keeping quite busy here at home. I work at a restaurant near my home, and it is my goal in life to own a restaurant of my own. For me, there's no better place then a busy restaurant on a Saturday night. The rush, the excitement, the people, the energy, the copious amounts of food exiting the kitchen, it's such an environment! Even though with my long hours it may seem that I don't have time for anything else, I've still been living the average life of a 19 year old. I finally got a chance to visit my favorite place on Long Island (oh, I forgot to mention that... yes, I'm from Long Island... but, I promise, not all Siena kids are from this small piece of land, and no, I don't "tawlk with a typical lawn guyland accent", I'm a rare exception), Sands Point. (Ever read "The Great Gatsby"? Well, Sands Point is "East Egg" in that book). I've also managed to make it to the beach a few times with some of my friends. It's been relaxing so far.

This weekend has been particularly nostalgic for me since my friends from my high school all graduated on Saturday. It feels like so long ago that I was in their shoes; walking down the aisle with the yellow rose, receiving my diploma from my favorite teacher (or, one of them), saying "goodbye" to everyone... it's crazy how far I've come since then. I remember going into this summer between senior and freshman year completely carefree. I was anxious to go to college, but, at the same time I did not want to leave my friends, at all. You'll understand the feeling, if you don't already. This summer, between my freshman and sophomore year, I'm cracking down a bit more. I finally decided on a Major, and it will Accounting with a Honors Certificate in English). It's a huge relief to know what you are working towards now.

Anyway, I'm going to go to Sands Point now to get some pictures of the sunset... (A hobby of mine is photography, my room at home is completely decorated with some of my favorite pictures).

I'll write soon. Enjoy the summer weather, and don't forget your SPF!
P.S- the photo attached is one of the pictures I took from my last visit to "East Egg".

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I have a question about Siena fitness- are there aerobics/fitness classes offered? Like Zumba, spinning, group weight workouts, etc.? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as I know, there are no formal group weight workouts, or Zumba, spinning classes, but there was Jazzercise for the past two semesters... who knows, maybe you could change that =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shot. Good use of the rule of thirds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, thank you! I climbed a lot of rocks for that shot, lol.

    ReplyDelete