Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer Travels.


Hey Everyone!

I know, it's been awhile, I apologize. Happy official summer! (although, this New York weather is not making it seem like summer at all...I feel like I'm in Forks, Washington...I just want to get my tan on!). Also, congratulations graduates! YOU DID IT :)

So, this past weekend I traveled to Arkansas (or, as we renamed it "Ark-and-Sass".. which, brings up the fun fact that it is actually illegal to mispronounce "Arkansas") for my cousins wedding. Him and his (now) wife are both in the Air Force, and are stationed there, so we made the trip past the Mason-Dixon Line to celebrate. (anything for a good time, right?) I must admit, other than Florida, this is my first trip to a state that far away, and, I did not know what to expect. I may have stereotyped it a bit, but, other than the Southern drawl (which I found quite charming), Arkansas isn't too different. We were in downtown Arkansas, and our hotel was beautiful, and the surrounding area was just precious. My entire moms side of the family was there also, so what could be better? This wedding was particularly special for us as a family because Danny (my cousin) is being deployed in January for a year, so it was nice to spend some quality time with him. It was also special for me because I got to part of the pre-wedding festivities. I went to my first combined Bachelor/Bachelorette party, and the day of the wedding I was busy helping everyone get ready. I also became designated photographer for my Aunt. Although we were only there for a day and a half, it was well worth the arduous traveling (lost luggage, delayed flights, missing drivers.. you name it, we encountered it, lol)

Arkansas isn't my only summer traveling arrangements. In a week and a half I will be traveling to Cabos, Mexico with my Dads side of the family. (Don't worry, we vicorously researched, and the Swine Flu isn't anywhere near our resort). Last year, the whole family (all 20+ of us) went on a cruise together, and it was such a success that we decided to travel again together. This get-a-way is only going to be my aunt and her two daughters, and my family because the rest of the family is a terrified of flying (Which, is funny, because to me the cruise, and being in the middle of the ocean for 7 days, was much more terrifying than flying). My two cousins and me are all about the same age (we're all about 6 months apart), and my brother isn't too much older than us, so we're going to have a blast! And, in August, before I have to go back up to Siena, I'm going to Florida to visit my Godmother/Aunt with my mom. I feel like such a little jet-setter!

Other than traveling the United States, I've been keeping my routine of working hard. The restaurants still busy, which means that I'm frequently busy. Even on my days off, I'm doing errands for Macs. (delivering checks, going to different banks, planting flowers, lol). I've also submitted a few of my short stories to a couple of magazines, and I'm pretty anxious to hear back from them. It should be known that writing and reading is one of my favorite/relaxing activities. I organized all my books the other day, and I have, personally, over 130 books. I like owning books. I like writing notes in them, being able to reference them whenever, and just having them. When I own my own house, I want a library in it. I'm a huge J.D Salinger fan, and I have all of his works and works about him. He's so talented, and I like that he's a recluse. Kurt Vonnegut is my new summer obsession though. So witty! I always laugh out loud when I read his books. (If you have time, definitely pick up his book "God Bless you, Mr. Rosewater"). On those nice summer nights I like to sit on my porch and just read into the nighttime.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer of complete freedom. Seriously, relish in these next few months. You have nothing to worry about except what color you want your comforter to be in your first dorm room. Relax, hang out with your friends, and get excited for college.

Also, remember those cheery freshman in the yellow shirts that pointed you in the right direction during open house and all the other admissions events? Well, they're called the Pathfinders, and as a Coordinator of Pathfinders, I'm looking for incoming freshman to join our club for 2009-2010 school year. If you're interested leave a comment, or e-mail me at la08geli@siena.edu. It's a great club, and I made a lot of friends through this program, so I hope you consider it. (but hey, I'm a little biased =D)


I'll talk to you all soon!

P.S- I attached a picture of my family at the wedding, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment