Sunday, February 14, 2010

Table-talk

One of the best parts of Siena is the great community you build with your fellow classmates. Over the course of the weekend, I attended multiple social events and everywhere I went, I felt like I always had a ton of friends to catch up with. It is almost like having a huge family, so you're never without a friend.

Just today, I spoke on a panel for the Presidential Scholars weekend. My audience was prospective Siena students and their parents. I spoke about doing my independent study about poverty in Honduras. Afterwards, my roomate Bianca asked me if I wanted to go down to the Women's Center for an event. They had beads made by Ugandan women and we all made bracelets. I left a little early because I wanted to go back and cook dinner for myself. I was starving.

Mid-way through me cooking dinner, Bianca came home with Paul, a friend who had gone to the Women's Center event with us. They had gotten subs at the wrap-shop and were eating dinner at the table while I was cooking. Then Aly stopped by, she is a former Siena student who is currently in optometry school. She was on campus for the weekend, so she stopped by to say hi for a few minutes.

After cooking, I joined Bianca and Paul at the table and at my dinner. I realize this sounds really silly and simple, eating dinner with friends, but it was a very reassuring feeling that I had. Your friends at Siena really do become family after four years. Its great to have a friend randomly stop by your townhouse and sit down for dinner every once in a while. When I leave Siena, I'm certainly going to miss all my friends and how close we all were.

ps, Happy Valentines Day!

Until Next Time,
Indira

No comments:

Post a Comment