Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Time flies!

Hey Everybody!

How's everyone doing a month into the new year? I'm sure you all just got your applications for college in (if you hadn't already done so)... so, now... all you can do is... wait. (The worst part of the entire experience if you ask me... that's why I applied early and only applied to two schools. I'm rather impatient.)

Life here at Siena has been non-stop. I'm taking 5 business classes this semester so it's very important that I stay on top of my work and don't procrastinate. I'm actually very proud of myself; This week, I have completed all my work that was due next week. I'm usually never this far ahead of the game, but tomorrow I'm going to see Lewis Black at Palace Theatre and Friday I'm going home for the weekend, so in order to be able to enjoy everything I had to put the petal to the metal and get everything done. You always know it's time to go home when your Dad calls you 4 times a day and at the end of each phone call he says "So, you're definitely coming home this weekend, right?". Not going to lie though... I miss my parents too :-)

But, I must get back to the world of classes, meetings, activities, and fun. Before I go, I would like to pay tribute to my favorite author. Jerome David Salinger died last week at the age of 91. He is one of the greatest American authors of all time, and has greatly influenced many lives. His death is a great loss to literature, and he will forever be idolized.

"An artists only concern is to shoot for some kind of perfection, and on his own terms, not anyone elses"
- J.D Salinger

No comments:

Post a Comment