Tuesday, August 25, 2009


As it stands, I am a week away from my return to Siena. But, as a sort of summer finale I ventured to Boston with a couple of my comrades with three major goals. First, one of us wanted to take a tour of the Sam Adam's Brewery in Jamaica Plains, Boston (ironically founded by Puritans). The tour was quite enjoyable, think Willie Wonka - minus the candy, Oompa-Loompas, and certifiable tour guide. After that we headed to Boston's North End, home to some of the best Italian cooking you'll ever find. My personal request was a stop at Mike's Pastry, which serves the best cannoli I have ever had (and trust me, I have had many). In my view, cannoli are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. Come 7:00 PM we entered Fenway Park to watch what turned out to be a great game between the Chicago White Sox and the 'Home Sox,' as they were referred to in the customary 7th inning stretch rendition of "Take Me Out to the Ball Game."

In any case, time to shift gears and start getting ready for Siena, which I am very much looking forward too!

No comments:

Post a Comment