Sunday, August 2, 2009

Three Weeks :)


Hey Everyone!

It's been a while. How's your summer going? I see Bianca and Mike are finishing up their internships, and research... that must be so exciting! Everything here has been relatively calm; These past two weeks have been chock-full of work. (80 hours the past two weeks). It's been fun though. I've been doing a lot of Marketing for the restaurant, ( a sign I designed is now right outside, drawing in new clientele.. a very proud moment for me) and I've even had the chance to bartend (granted, I wasn't pulling a Tom Cruise in "Cocktail", but I made a $20 tip from just one person). It's been a great experience for me, and has definitely been a worthwhile time. What's great about this job is that I've been involved in every aspect of the restaurant. Inventory, cooking, calling vendors and getting my deliveries on time (vendors work on their own time schedule, no matter how big of a party you have coming in), working with catering, waitressing, hostessing, managing.. You name it, I've done it, lol.

My life hasn't been all work though. You know the old saying; Work hard, play harder. I've been visiting the beach to maintain my Cabo tan, and have just been hanging out with friends. On Friday I had a date with one of the greatest guys on Earth; My Daddy. For Fathers Day I bought him tickets for a Mets Game (Mets fan are there, for better or... this season). Of course, it was raining that day, and I was super nervous it was going to be cancelled, but, I lucked out, and it was just a 40 minute rain delay. During the delay I showed my Dad the new stadium, and he was just floored at how gorgeous the stadium is. The tickets we had gave us access to the Caesars Club, so we ate a delicious dinner there right before the game. Our seats were right on the right field side, and they were perfect. The Mets hit two homeruns, and even though they lost, it wasn't a bad game to watch. They played alright, it just wasn't the pitchers night. When you look at the Mets line-up, majority of our all stars are on the DL, so their horrendous standings is almost understandable.

Friday, my brother also came home to have a date with my Mom. They had a great time, but Saturday morning was an interesting one. We were all getting ready for a family event, and my brother totally hogged the bathroom. Although it was annoying at the time (Seriously, how long does it take to do your hair when your head is shaved?), looking back it was rather amusing. I felt like we were younger again, literally brawling in the hallway for the shower. Unfortunately for me, he's borrowing my car for the week, so I'm carless and I feel like I'm 15 with my Learning Permit all over again. It's okay though, he told me he's getting me a great present :). Saturday, since my Dad had to work, my mom and I had a date together. We went to Huntington and shopped around. My favorite book store had a sidewalk book store, and all the books ranged from one dollar to three. Needless to say, I had a field day. After my shopping spree, we went to our family restaurant and enjoyed a delicious dinner. My cousin Ron sent out his new special to our table, and it was so delicious. Long Island Clams, stuffed with crabmeat and then baked in the oven.. it makes my mouth water just typing it!

Anyway, I only have three weeks left till I go home.. I mean, back to Siena. I'm excited to start again. It's going to be a great year. Now, if you still haven't done so, sign up for pathfinders at: www.siena.edu/pathfinders. Hope you're all excited to start your first college semester- remember, if you have any questions (like what type of bedrisers to get, don't hesitate to ask).

See you all soon :)
Leanne
P.S- You had to be expecting this by now; Attached is a picture I took of Macs (the restaurant I work at) for the new catering folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment