Monday, September 14, 2009

Back in the swing of things!

Hey Everyone!

It's been a while. For any newcomers, my name is Leanne Gelish and I am a SienaBlogger. I started blogging over the summer, and have been asked to continue for the school year. A little background information on me. I am a Sophomore Accounting Major from Long Island. Here on campus I am one of four coordinators for the admissions club called "Pathfinders", I write for The Promethean, and I am an Ambassador. For me, there's nothing more rewarding and fun than being involved, so I pile as much as I can onto my plate without anything overlapping.

Now, in between club meetings I do attend class. This semester I am taking 5 courses; 3 Business courses, one core, and one Honors Class. Along with my major, I am working towards an Honors Certificate in English, so I try and take the classes when they're available.

For my summer readers; RA TRAINING IS FINALLY FINISHED! (Yes, I am part of the Residential Life team as well). Although it was roughly over one hundred hours of training, it was also a lot of fun. On Monday after the Ropes Course, we went to Pyramid Lake and I got marooned on a sailboat and had to swim a mile and half back with my good friend. It was hilarious, and slightly exhausting. As part of training we had a contest between each team and the objective was to take as many pictures that pertain to the theme as possible... and, MY TEAM WON!!! Hopefully, I can attach the video for you because it pretty much sums up my 12 days of training.

Now, everyone is back on campus and the school year has finally started. It's been great seeing everyone again, and it's definitely great being back in classes. (I know... I'm a tad bit of a dork). Remember the Arkansas Wedding I wrote about? Well, my cousins deployment day is rapidly approaching so this weekend I went home to surprise him and say "goodbye". It was great being home (it's been about a month) and even better being able to see a lot of my family. I got to sample some new items for the menu at work, and it was so incredibly delicious. The rest of the evening was spent reminscing and laughing about all our memories together. It was hard saying "see you later" (it's not a goodbye) to him since we grew up together, but what he is doing is heroic and I admire him for his sacrifice.

Sunday was Pathfinder training and it was so much fun! Each of us worked really hard to make that day run as smoothly as possible, with as much education and fun as possible, and I think we accomplished that! Our Pathfinder group was so energetic, and I know we're going to have a great year.

This Sunday we have Open House (anyone attending?), and we have a lot of planning to do for that as well. I'm excited to see prospective students, give some tours and meet some families. It's going to be a great day!

Anyway, I have some homework to finish up, but, I'll be back soon!
Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment