Thursday, July 9, 2009

It's July Already?!

Phew! It has been an incredibly long day.
I had to get up super early to develop my amoeba in the lab. It's a 4-7 hour process... and that's all BEFORE the actual experiments take place.
On top of that I had to go to lab meeting, where a bunch of labs get together and one person does a presentation of their work. AND I went to a lunch meeting with the director of BCMB, a Ph.D. program at Hopkins. Then I wrapped the whole day up with a really tough ballet class at the Peabody Institute.

I'm definitely ready for bed.

But the day did give me a lot to think about...
I'm really unsure about what I want to do when I graduate. I'm 90% sure I want to go to graduate school to get my Ph.D. in some field of Biology. But I have no idea what field, and no idea where to go. Cell biology is all I've ever known, but I kind of want to explore Botany. I know in the end I want to teach as a professor at a small college (hopefully Siena will hire me :-] ), so I'll have to get a Ph.D. in order to get there. It's definitely going to be a long road though. I'm so undecided! And then there is the question of where to go! I really wish Siena had a graduate school... that would make my decision so much easier. *sigh*
Does anyone have any suggestions or advice???

So I'm probably going to ponder my future a little bit more tonight, study for the GRE, and sleep like a rock.

Happy almost weekend!

~B

No comments:

Post a Comment