Saturday, July 25, 2009

Two weeks left at Hopkins...

Happy weekend!

It is so beautiful outside today! Unfortunately, I'm stuck inside working on my poster for our final poster session that's coming up on August 4th. It's hard to believe my time at Hopkins is coming to a close. Especially because my research is no where near complete. I'm trying to create a master co-e
xpression vector that has the ability to produce two proteins at once when transformed into the amoeba cells that we are working with. If I finish in the next week and a half, then I will have created a great tool for learning about chemotaxis. So I'm hoping I can pull it together. So far, all of my cloning steps are working out very well, but there is still a long way to go.
Please please please wish me luck!

On a less nerdy note... I've got some advice
on where to go if you're ever in Baltimore. So my family came to visit me last weekend and on Sunday we went to brunch at this restaurant called the Rusty Scupper. It's right on the waterfront at the inner harbor and it has fabulous food and a great view:


















It was really nice to see my family and I can't wait to go home in 2 weeks! Then I'm off to Cape Cod for a nice vacation. This summer has definitely gone too fast, so I want to enjoy the rest of it as much as I can.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! Let me know if you have any questions about the Hopkins program I am in, Baltimore, or about Siena.
:-)

~Bianca

P.S. Nice "Anchorman" quote, Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment