Sunday, March 7, 2010

Happy Day!

Alas, the weather is finally starting to get warm! It's a toasty 42 degrees right now, which is warm compared to our past few weeks. It's refreshing to be able to go outside with only a hoodie on and not need to bundle up! I'm expecting to see a lot more people walking around outside and smiling. Warm weather always puts me in a good mood!

Right now, I'm watching my roomate Bianca pace across the room. She's practicing her speech which she will be delivering in front of all the presidential scholars who are coming to Siena. These perspective students are in the process of deciding whether or not they would like to attend Siena. They come on Sunday and stay overnight with a Siena host student. Lucky them, it also happens to be the same day as a huge basketball game! Our men's basketball team is currentlly in the MAAC tournament. I'm not sure who they play today, but we expect a win! Thats why Admissions is taking all of the presidential scholars and their hosts to the game... for free! It will certainly be an exciting game! I'll have to see if I can get tickets still...

Well, I wish Bianca the best of luck with her speech. Although she is a fantastic public speaker. She's also auditioning to be the speaker at our graduation! And I also wish the Men's Basketball team luck, although they probably don't need it either. I guess today is just an overall happy day. Warm weather, speeches, and basketball.

Don't you wish you could be a Siena student??

Until next time,
Indira

No comments:

Post a Comment