Thursday, March 25, 2010

Random Musings on the Passing Scene

Hello all. The last time you heard from me, the Mock Trial Team and the Siena Basketball Team were on their way to their respective tournaments (for some reason or another, the Basketball team seems to have gotten more press). In any case, I can say, while we didn't advance, we represented Siena well and gave a good showing. As a four-year member of the Mock Trial Team, I can say that our team performed the best that I have ever seen at the National Tournament in White Plains, if not for a few points here or there, we would have advanced even further. The same holds true for the Men's basketball team, which fought to the very end against Purdue, a team that at one point was ranked third in the entire country. In any case, I think we Saints can all be proud of both performances.

Now that Mock Trial is completed, I can participate again in our school orchestra. I think I may have mentioned this before, but I am the resident percussionist. Tonight was the first practice I was able to attend this semester. We're playing a very nice piece of music that I was totally unfamiliar with before: Mendelssohn's Piano Concerto in G . We're not exactly the Boston Pops, but I've always appreciated the opportunity to play in the orchestra.

On a completely different note, I would mention that, as Jefferson once said, the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time. In that spirit,the Siena Student Senate has asked a few students on campus, myself included, to review and alter the Senate Constitution in order to better meet the needs of the Siena student body. I've very much enjoyed being a part of the process, and hope the changes will be beneficial to the student body. That means you if you come next Fall!

Take Care,
Mike DiSiena

No comments:

Post a Comment