Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cherry Blossom Weekend in DC

Hey everyone!

So for the Easter break, my family and I went to Washington, D.C. to visit my aunt, uncle, and their two little girls. And it just happened to be Cherry Blossom weekend (which we usually miss every year)! All of the cherry blossoms in D.C. were in full bloom. It was a really wonderful scene to behold... not only because of the gorgeous flowering trees, but also because of the hordes of happy people enjoying the first real spring weekend with family and friends. There were hundreds of kites and frisbees. People were snapping pictures and laughing and eating ice cream and just having an all around wonderful time. It really was a great way to spend a long weekend.

This brings me to my advice for the day (in my old, almost graduating age)... make sure when you get a break, you really do take a break. Try to set aside all of those end-of-the-semester worries and really take a breather. I've found this to be really important especially for Easter break, because after that it is full speed ahead to the end of the semester! Then you'll actually be refreshed and won't burn out when it matters.

Stop and smell the cherry blossoms!
And then it's back to the grind.

~Bianca

Here are some pictures from last weekend.
1) A picture my dad snapped of the Capitol while riding a Segway!
2) A close-up I took of the cherry blossoms down by the tidal basin.

No comments:

Post a Comment