Thursday, April 15, 2010

Defending a Year and a Half of Work

So, I just got the go ahead today to schedule my Honors Thesis Defense, which is where my very hard work will be presented to the Siena College community, as well as to others who might choose to attend. I wrote my thesis on something called Just War Theory and how the changing character of war calls for modifications to this theory (it sounds like it could be dry, but I promise it is actually quite exciting!).
You may be wondering why I chose this topic since I am a Biology major. Well, the great thing about Honors Theses is that you can write pretty much about anything you want, even if it is outside your area of study. I happen to be a fan of philosophy, and I wanted to really do something substantial with this interest in my last year here. So here I am... with an almost finished work! I've written it all, and now I'm just revising here and there.
But anyway, my defense is probably going to be in the first week of May. I will be sure to post the date and time on here so anyone who is interested can attend. Pretty please???

Off to revise!

~Bianca

P.S. Here's a fun fact about the Honors Thesis... we get several copies of our work bound in the form of an actual book, and one copy stays in our library here!

No comments:

Post a Comment