Monday, April 26, 2010

Graduation

Wow, four years of Siena really does go by fast! It has really started to hit me lately that I'm almost done with Siena! We are currently in our last week of classes, and then next week is Finals! The actual graduation day is set for Sunday, May 16th.

I've been talking to my parents about plans for graduation and moving out. My mom was actually mentioning how proud she was of me, and how she wouldn't miss my graduation or any of the other celebrations for anything!

Many of the clubs are now coming to an end as well, so the leadership is being passed on to the next year's e-board. It is nice to pass on the responsibility of a club or organization to someone else, but it also makes you realize that you are moving on. Being the Captain of the Bhangra team certainly kept me busy, so passing on the responsibility isn't so bad, but at the same time, I'm really going to miss the team!

Moreover, I realized that academics are going to be very different for me! Next year I'll be going to Medical School. That means for the first two years, I basically attend lectures, study, and take exams. I'm pretty much done writing papers and my science classes won't have lab. Well, except for our anatomy lab in which we dissect cadavers, but that's not exactly the same thing as biochem lab.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that life passes by fast! If I've learned anything from it all, it is certainly to enjoy every minute of it! So be spontaneous, have some fun, achieve great things, and make some great memories of it all!

:o) To Siena's class of 2010, and to all the high school seniors about to graduate as well, Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment