Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2009

It's very odd to think that tommorw will start my year of graduation! May will be here before you know it. I think I'm spoiling a surprise here but I really don't care: I found out about 2 weeks ago that after the Senior Class Council and I put some hard work into a proposal, the President and Administration have agreed to hold Commencement at the Times Union Center in Albany! I'm so excited to be part of the first class to do this! If I'm lucky, I'm hoping to perhaps be selected as the Senior to give a speech to the class.

I hope everyone had a great holidy. As you have clearly all read, Finals were crazy up at school. I'm still waiting on one more grade to be finalized, but I'm pretty confident in the class, so it looks like the semester went great!

A couple quick notifications about my life: I was cast in Siena's Stage III (the drama club) production of Doubt to be performed in March. I was cast as the only male in the play, and you may have seen commercials since it was just released in theaters with Meryl Streep and Phillip Seymour Hoffman. I'm excited to see how that goes.

And finally, (I'm not sure if I've blogged about this yet, but...) in 2 and a half weeks, I will traveling to Washington DC to attend 4 days worth of Inauguration ceremonies. I will see Barack Obama sworn in, attend some conferences and panels with reporters and White House officials, witness the parade, as well as attend the Presedential Inaugural black tie Gala the night of the 2oth. I am SOOO excited to have this opportunity. Best of all, Siena sponosored almost the entire cost of the program. I promise I will be blogging about this experience while I am there and posting them when I have a chance.

Anyways that's all for now! Happy New Year and I hope things go well with your acceptance letters. Go Saints (they beat Holy Cross last night!)!!

1 comment:

  1. How did you get involved in that program? Was it through Siena?

    ReplyDelete