Friday, April 17, 2009

Oneonta Conference

Hello all. Well, this morning I was at the Oneonta Undergraduate Philosophy Conference. I was there to present a paper I had written last semester for my Philosophy of Love class. I, along with several other students across the country, was able to present my work to the conference. Students came all the way from Illinois, Missouri, and Maryland. My paper concerned the opera Tristan and Isolde (you might be familiar with the recently-made film adaptation, which really does not do the story justice), and the relationship between love and death. It was definitely a worthwhile experience and I was happy to be able to get some feedback about my own particular views.

In other news I have been selected as a Siena Summer Legal Fellow for 2009. This is an exciting opportunity for me, considering how I want to pursue a career in law. I have been placed at the Feerick Center for Social Justice and Disupte Resolution at Fordham Law school in Manhattan. There, I will engage in legal research and work with real cases with real consequences. The Summer Legal Fellows program was one of the opportunities that originally attracted me to Siena; according to Dr. Cutler, the pre-law advisor here, it is the only program of its kind at the undergraduate level. Needless to say, I am definitely looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment