Thursday, January 7, 2010

Criminally Minded

I rarely watch television much anymore. I think the decline is, in part, due to my effort to keep up with my schoolwork. I used to watch political talk shows (colossally nerdy, I know, but politics is something of an addiction for me), ESPN, and the news (more politics). With the spare time that comes with a break off from school, and the almost inevitable lethargy that sets in, I have again taken up channel surfing. I made one very fortunate discovery the other day of a program by the name of Criminal Minds. The only reason I stopped to watch the show was because Jason Alexander, of Seinfeld fame, was wearing a funny white wig and sporting a quirky goatee. Needless to say, I was hooked. Evidently, the show has been around since 2005, which ought to show you how out of it I am when it comes to t.v. series. Having just taken a Criminal Law class at Siena, I find myself thinking about the legal aspect of the show's plot lines. What is the crime? How would it be prosecuted? You get the idea. So there you have it folks, your education is bound to follow you no matter where you go or what t.v. program you just happen to flip on. Choose your college courses wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment