Friday, January 8, 2010

My Last Semester Approaches

In a little more than a week I will be starting my last semester at Siena College. This does not make me happy. Spring semester always flies by, and I'm sure because I don't want this one to, it's going to fly by even faster. I've gotten a lot done over this break so I don't have to worry about it once the semester is in full swing, but I know the workload and finishing everything up is going to eat up all my time. I'm taking Biochemistry, Drawing, Philosophy of Language, finishing up my Honors Thesis on Just War Theory, publishing my research on heat shock proteins in Arabidopsis thaliana, writing a reflection paper about my service experience during my undergraduate career, and interviewing at graduate schools. It's going to be a packed semester, which always cranks up the speed.

Luckily, I'm going to get a few opportunities to slow down and really think about my time here at Siena. I'm actually going to be speaking at one of the
Presidential Scholars events in March! So if any of you reading this are a Presidential Scholar, you might get to hear me talk about my Siena
experience on your visit here.

Well I'm going to go try and be productive before I have to go to work at
Albany Berkshire Ballet. Talk to you all again soon!

~Bianca

P.S. It's currently snowing outside, so I thought that this Calvin and Hobbes strip was fitting. Anyone want to make a snowman with me? I'm sure once school starts back up I'll get some recruits to make snowmen on the academic quad. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment