Thursday, January 21, 2010

First Week!


Hey Everyone!

It's the first week back at Siena (for students... I've been here since last Thursday for training) and it's sure been hectic. I have a confession... I ALWAYS get nervous my first few days of classes. I get nervous I'm going to be late, or going to be in the wrong class or my professor is going to scare me, so I always arrive at least 10 minutes early, scope out the surroundings, get a good a seat and settle on the first day. I try and play it off like I'm not nervous, but I am. I LOVE my professors this semester. It's very reassuring when a professor e-mails the roster and her name has 3 titles after it. You know you're being taught by someone impressive when you see that, lol.

I'm currently on duty but nothing too exciting is happening. It's funny; I'm actually on duty with my RA from last year. She was the reason I wanted to be an RA, so it's great being on her staff now. I went to the basketball game before duty, and it was a close game! But, Siena prevailed and won once again... Hello, second longest winning streak at home in the NCAA! I love going to the games because there is such a sense of community. People from all over the capitol region attend and rave about our team. It's also fun because a few of the players are actually my residents. I love cheering them on :)

But, alas.. I must go on a round of the building. But, before I go- Thanks Bianca for the shout out :) I hope that little acts of kindness like the one the Pathfinders did will influence others to realize that small acts of kindness go a long way.

Until next week!
- Leanne

P.S.- Attached is a picture of a few us during RA training after we saw "Avatar" (GREAT MOVIE).. Oh, and that middle guy... he's my boyfriend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment