Monday, January 4, 2010

...What do I do with all this time?

Happy New Year, Everyone!

Now, I know semester breaks are supposed to be utilized to relax... but, I'm done relaxing. I'm bored. I need something to do already. I just came home from a weekend in Connecticut and I've already planned a "to-do" list for this week. First on my to-do list; get some of my more recent pictures developed and framed. I've decided I'm going to put them around my house, and replace some that are in my room. Second task for this week; READ! I have missed reading so much. I mean, I take English classes for my minor so I read all the time, but I haven't been able to read just to read, so I've picked up a book by F. Scott Fitzgerald for this week to pass some time. Third task; Paint. I want to surprise my parents and repaint one of our rooms. It was recently painted over the summer, but NO ONE likes the color, so I'm going to prime it, paint it, and decorate it. I watch the HDTV channel too much. I'm also working a few days this week, and traveling up to Albany for the Trust-Co award that was given to Pathfinders for our work with Project Linus. I'm finally BUSY again!

... Oh, and you may be wondering what my resolution is this upcoming year.. Well, I'm typically against them, BUT, this new decade I have one resolution for myself; FIND BALANCE! There are many times during the semester when I become too focused on one thing; whether it be my school work, my job (s), or friends that I forget to take a step back, and find that happy median. It was a rough road last semester with everything, and although I came out of it just barely scathed, I know I can make this semester run much smoother.

Here's to 2010!

Until next time,

Leanne

No comments:

Post a Comment