Friday, January 30, 2009

Thinking About Summer

Although the snow keeps falling, its time for me to start thinking about Summer. Let me explain. While there are a number of opportunities for Siena students interested in the field of law, the most exciting opportunity available is the Summer Legal Fellows Program. Students selected for the program are sent to various law schools throughout the Northeast, including schools like Fordham in New York City, Northeastern University in Boston, American University in Washington D.C. and, if you want to stay local, Albany. Students engage in legal research which is then used by professionals in the field. In the past, Siena students have worked on anything from environmental protection to crafting legislation on issues such as voter representation.

The reason I am writing this now is that I have decided to apply for the program. When people ask me what career I want to pursue I always say that I want to be an attorney. To be honest though, I am not entirely sure of that. Experiencing first-hand what legal research entails will help me to determine whether or not I want to actually go to law school. Applications are due by February 18th, and individuals who are selected for the program will be notified by April 15th. Wish me luck!

Until Next Time,
Mike DiSiena

No comments:

Post a Comment