Monday, January 26, 2009

Yes We Did!



So as I said before, I went to Washington DC for the Inauguration (thanks Siena!). It was a great time. I saw Colin Powell, Al Gore, went to the concert with Usher, Beyonce, U2, and everyone else. I heard Obama speak to hundreds of thousands, and I joined millions in downtown DC on Inauguration Day. I'm not at my laptop right now, so I don't have all my pictures to share, but this one was taken right next to the Washington Monument, and I thought it was a pretty telling photo. Some highlights of the trip were when everyone was singing "One Love" out on the National Mall, when film director Eugene Jarecki (Why We Fight) gave me permission to print a poem of his in Siena's Promethean, the moment Barack was sworn in, and trying to run up a really long down escalator at 2 in the morning in the DC metro system.

The semester is back in swing. Mr Siena is coming up and I'm pretty excited for that. We start rehearsals for Doubt tonight. And in 10 minutes I have my Irish Literature class! So with that I will be off. As soon as I can upload a couple more pictures for you guys to see what DC was like last week I will. Some of you are winding down your last year in high school. Be excited but keep up good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment