Friday, March 13, 2009

Bhangra!!!

Yes that's right, Bhangra is a North Indian style dance, and for those of you who read my earlier posts, I'm on the team at Siena! We've actually got a competition coming up on Saturday, March 21st.

Because of our upcoming competition, practice has been pretty intesnse! We've actually got two hour practices every day next week! Yes, its going to be pretty busy. But... the competition should be good! I'm excited.

So, in addition to Bhangra, school has been keeping me pretty busy. This week and next are filled with midterms for all the students. The library has been packed, and I'm sure its only going to get worse next week. I luckly only have one midterm in my Honors Ethics class which I took this morning. It was not too bad.

So, as an RA on campus, I've decided to put on a program during midterms called Childhood Therapy. It counts as a wellness program for me and serves as a stress-relief for the students. At this program, we have various different finger foods, all reminiscent of childhood, in addition to small arts, crafts, and games. I mean c'mon, who doesn't love to finger paint and play with glitter?? I actually put on this same program last semester and it was a huge hit! It has been my most successful program yet! This time, my program is this upcoming Wednesday. I'm pretty excited for it.

Well, I suppose I should go get some homework done. I've been loosing a lot of time to Bhangra practice.

Until next time,
Indira

1 comment:

  1. hey guys...am also aware about a bhangra competition which is goin on right now its Bhangra Rocks by this website called desitara...so if your real crazy about bhangra here is chance for you to show case your talent as well has win $500... all u have to do is upload your own bhangra video..here is the URL for the site ..http://www.desitara.com/talent/contest/Bhangra+Rocks

    ReplyDelete