Saturday, March 21, 2009

What a Week!

Hey everyone!
Greg here writing to you again from Siena, Italy.
Its been such an amazing past few weeks. Last week we were off 10 days for our spring break. My friends and I planned a huge trip to London, England; Glasgow, Scotland; and Dublin Ireland. It was such an amazing vacation and I had such a blast! We also got to meet up with some of our friends who are abroad in London and Dublin. Traveling in Europe is SO easy and so inexpensive. Some of my other friends went to places like Turkey, Hungry, Greece, etc. Coming back to Italy at the end was kind of strange because we were away in English-speaking countries that were so similar to America for so long. Being away really showed me how different the Italian study abroad experience is from that in London. My friends who are in London absolutely looooveee it there...but they are definitely lacking the whole cultural aspect of it that I am enjoying so so much in Italy. Anyway this week my parents actually came to visit so they were here for the week. We've been here to Siena, Italy, before but they were excited to come back and visit me and see my school and such. This week we also had an excursion to this little town called Montalcino where we went to tour a Winery. It was SO cool to see how they make the wine and how its stored in huge huge barrels. Then we got to sample some and learn the differences. I absolutely love wine. Food & Wine are like the Italian trinity...if that makes any sense? But ive been thinking how its so wild how quickly time goes by and theres only like 50-something days left! I am definitely looking forward to home because I miss it so so much, but i KNOW once i'm home for 24 hours im going to be suffering lol and want to be back in Italy (it alwaysssss happens...)
Anyway this week started the beginning of nicer weather ( I hope it stays). Its been so beautiful out!! I am actually sitting outside right now in the Piazza del Campo, which is like the main piazza in our town. There are hundreds of people out here!! I absolutely love just sitting and people watching! (or blogging for you guys..or being on facebook, haha).
I have to at some point actually get some work done though!
Anyway, I put up some photos from my travels. Check them out!
http://picasaweb.google.it/greg.papa/SienaItaly?feat=directlink

Ciao!!
Gregorio

No comments:

Post a Comment