Friday, March 13, 2009

Civic Awareness

A common accusation laid against kids our age by older folks is that we are politically apathetic. Well, I have had about enough of hearing that and so I, with a little help from fellow members of the Political Science Society here at Siena, will be establishing a political newsletter where students will be able to sound off on a number of political issues relevant to today. I'm really excited about the opportunity to start something like this. While we here at Siena have a popular student newspaper known as The Promethean, the focus of the paper is broad and doesn't typically devote a great deal of time to political issues. As soon as I came to Siena as a freshman I felt there was a need for some sort of publication oriented toward current events and contentious political issues that get everybody's blood boiling. Hopefully the forthcoming political newsletter will serve this purpose!

Take Care,
Mike DiSiena

No comments:

Post a Comment