Monday, March 30, 2009

Busy Busy Busy...

It has certainly been a while since I've written last. My apologies. I have been swamped with work! Last I wrote, I believe I talked about my Bhangra Competition, a north Indian style of dance. I'm on the team here at Siena and we had a competition last weekend. We didn't place, but we had a lot of fun! Here's a picture from the show:


Now that the competition is over, we only have to perform at relay for life at Siena, and Expose which is a multicultural show our Black and Latino Student Union puts on. We haven't had practice this past week which has certainly cleared up my week. I have been focusing on catching up on my classes which I had been neglecting.

I am currently in the process of trying to decide what to write my Honors Thesis on. I think I am going to end up expl
oring Leadership development in youth, specifically high school students. I would focus on programming and how certain activities help build leadership skills. I am considering conducting a survey of what leadership programs are out there and breaking down the different components of their programs. In order to do this, I must find a faculty mentor, which is what I have been doing. I have been meeting with various professors in the social sciences and speaking to them about my research. Ultimately, I am looking for someone who will work with me next year to actually write my thesis. It's a lot of work, but its very exciting. At the end of this experience, I will have my very own published work!

Well, I suppose I should get back to work now. I've got a whole stack of library books to sort through.


Until next time,
Indira

No comments:

Post a Comment