Friday, March 27, 2009

Living it up....

Hope all is well. Haven't posted anything in a while and I apologize, but these past few weeks have been a blur. Between hockey and catching up on the homework there has been little time to breathe. First of all, Siena hockey has just ended last week. The team and I traveled to Michigan for the week to play against schools from across the country. We had a sort of disappointing loss in the semi-finals against Florida Gulf Coast, but the team still managed to place a respectable 3rd in the nation. (The best the hockey program has ever finished since it started) The loss was disappointing because we knew we deserved to be in the finals. Next year the team should be getting even better. A national championship is right on the tip of our fingers; we just got to keep working in the off season to get it. This last Friday, like all other sports at Siena, the team held it’s formal. For ours, we ate at a local restaurant with the coaches, teammates and dates, and then had a little get together with the team at a local place in Albany. :) It was a blast. We all have such a great time together. Now that hockey is over I'm living the college dream. No practice after school, so when I get my homework done, I don't know what to do with myself with all the new free time on my hands. I should be totally caught up on work by Monday, which will be an extremely nice feeling. The only thing I have to worry about is keeping up with my grades and playing a little roller hockey with the team on Fridays and Sundays. One of my buddies on the team started an intramural roller hockey league so all of us are having a ball on the weekends passing the time shooting the puck around and making ourselves look foolish on the black top. The spring time is going to be without a doubt the best time of my freshman year. I love it already and Siena Fest hasn't even come around yet! :) I can't wait...

Keep it real....Josh Baillargeon

No comments:

Post a Comment