Thursday, December 31, 2009

What He Said...

Happy last few hours of 2009, everyone! This has certainly been an interesting year, but I'm glad for it to be over. Isn't it strange how New Year's always feels like we're wiping the slate clean and starting fresh, even though nothing around us is changing at all? There aren't any changes in weather, in the day/night cycle, and there aren't any strange signs indicating that a new year has indeed begun (aside from a giant, sparkly ball falling in Time Square). Maybe some attitudes are changed for a couple days, with resolutions being made (or not, as Mike showed with his Calvin and Hobbes quote... nicely done), but soon everyone is back to the same old same old.

But whether I end up feeling very different or exactly the same when the clock strikes 12 tonight, I know that 2010 is going to be a big year for me. I have no idea what I will be doing in 2010. I don't even know where I will be living! Everything is all up in the air until I start hearing from g
raduate schools and start thinking about where I want to be and what I want to do. It's a little scary, but I know I'm not in this alone.
So come on 2010... I'm ready for you.

~Bianca

No comments:

Post a Comment