Thursday, November 20, 2008

Eat your frogs !

So, another busy week here at Siena College. I am leaving Monday afternoon to head home for Thanksgiving break…I can’t wait to see my family and my friends! I haven’t been home in a long time. Siena has such a strong sense of community and my group of friends here are like my family.
It always gets very stressful towards the end of the semester…I feel like I have a project for every class coming due and it takes a lot of planning and level-headedness to not let things hinder your performance or prevent you from getting things done. Time management is a critical skill that is important to focus on developing because without it you will struggle to accomplish tasks and goals and stay ahead. I would like to share with you a few excerpts from an article someone sent me called “Eat That Frog” about time management and procrastination (something we are all guilty of). Here are a few of the main points I found to be very meaningful:

-Frogs are important tasks that we put off for whatever reason…we all have them!

-Action is the key to accomplishment

- If you eat a live frog each morning you will know that you have already experienced the worst thing that will happen to you that day.

-Frogs are the tasks that you know are priorities but that you’ve put on the back burner

-Select your most important challenge-that big old frog-and address it effectively

-Time management is really just taking control of the sequence of events that effect your life.

Siena recognizes that students need to know how to effectively manage their time in order to be successful. Since my freshmen year I have learned a significant amount about prioritizing and organizing my tasks. Professors, peers, career center, student organizations, academic support center, alumni, and a plethora of other resources exist here for you to learn from.

Until next time,
Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment