Sunday, November 30, 2008

Turkey Day Break

At last, Sunday has come and Thanksgiving Break has come to an end. I went home last Tuesday afternoon and came back today in the afternoon. Break came just in time, last week, I was sooo ready to go home! I was pretty burnt out from the entire semester and needed a break before I go hardcore for finals!

Being at home was great! I had a lot of fun with family. On Thanksgiving, I had dinner with my immediate family. It was only the four of us, but it was fantastic. Thanksgiving is one of the few holidays where everyone makes it a point to be home. Every year it gets increasingly difficult to get the entire family in one place.

I also did a bit of studying while I was at home, but saved all of Friday to hang out with my friends. I got to see one of my good friends from back home, Jen. She goes to the University of Connecticut. I almost went to UConn, but instead decided to go to Siena. It was the best choice I've ever made, and if I could go back in time, I'd make the same choice. However, I still ask about UConn a lot and wonder what it would be like if I went to school there. She's actually a CA at UConn which is a Community Assistant. It's the same as my RA job, so I talk to her a lot about her job and how UConn's Res Life is set up. Below is a picture of a couple of the friends I hung out with on Friday. We went to Gillette's Castle in CT and saw a vegetable cellar, so naturally, we took a picture in front of it.


Now I'm back at school and I've already started doing homework. I'm on duty later tonight, so I wanted to get the bulk of my work done before then. This week is going to be pretty busy for me. I've got a Sociology group project with a 10 page paper, a Histology group presentation on Tuesday, a Spanish group presentation due next monday which needs a full written script and videotaped, and... i have to read a full spanish play by the end of the week. Not to mention my Hisotlogy lab practical is this upcoming Wednesday. Oh! and a Religion paper I have to revise and submit.

Yeah, its a lot of work to get done in a week, but its certainly doable. I just have to crack down and make sure I'm efficient with my time. Finals start Wed the 10th and my two big finals are on that day, so as long as I can make it through the next 10 days, I'll be fine.

:o) I'll keep you folks posted on how all my projects, presentations, and papers go.

until next time,

Indira

No comments:

Post a Comment