Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thanksgiving break!!!

How is everyone doing?.....I am soooo stoked for Thanksgiving I can almost taste the tender turkey, the moist stuffing and the sweet apple pie upon my taste buds. Yum! Any home cooked meal at this point will be much appreciated. Don't get me wrong the food at Siena is pretty good. The wrap shop and Sub shop always have some delicious food, but nothing compares to mom's shepards pie or dad's corn chowder. On top of the food I'm ready to go back to be with the family for a week. My dad and I love to hunt so I know for at least two days we will be up to camp with my uncles, trekking the mountain and maybe getting a deer. It will be nice to be able to catch up with old friends as well. I haven't been home in two months with hockey and work and all, so a change of pace should be good for me. As we speak college life is hectic. Finals are approaching. Not a lot of sleep is to be had. With my schedule its been hard to keep up as I've mentioned before, so you can image how much this break is welcomed to me. Today, I actually went to my chemistry professor looking for help. My grades are starting to slide the closer to the end of the semester we get. I was really discouraged that my hard work wasn't paying off, but she managed to raise my spirits, pointed me in a direction for better studying habits and ultimately gave me the boost I needed to get through. If for any reason you have questions or are seeking advise, the professors are awesome at Siena. Even if they don't have office hours that fit your schedule they are willing to meet upon appointment or even sometimes if you simply walk into their office. Most professors are extremely flexible with their hours and are willing to help any time. Hopefully, my professor's boost will get me through till Thanksgiving and finish out strong for the first semester of my freshman year, but lets take things one step at a time eh?

Take it easy,

Josh Baillargeon

No comments:

Post a Comment