Monday, November 10, 2008

Hey everyone!

Sorry I’ve been so busy. Last week was crazy!
Delta Sigma Pi, my business fraternity, co-sponsored the annual Networking and Mentoring night last week. Over 100 alumni and professionals from corporate America were in attendance talking about their professions and giving students information about internship and job opportunities that are available. Siena has an excellent reputation for preparing students to be successful in their future professional endeavors after graduation. A tremendous emphasis is placed on career counseling and preparation: from resume critiquing, industry advice, career fairs, etc. Most students have jobs before they even graduate and basically all students are employed full time within like 6 months of actually graduating. Career placement information is something that is so important to consider when looking at colleges…even though you may think its not important to consider right now because it is too early (FALSE)!

Anyways, anyone out there from Westchester County?!? If so, be sure to attend the student reception this Thursday evening at the Westchester Marriott! Its an excellent opportunity to learn more about Siena, talk to current students, as well as discuss the college search process with other prospective students as well. Oh yea…and yours truly will be the featured speaker ;-) so get excited! You will get to hear from me, first hand, why I chose Siena and why you should too! (PS- if you do attend, don’t be shy! be sure to come talk to me and tell me you read my blog! I will be so excited!)

Hope to see you there,
Greg Papa

1 comment:

  1. Hey Grep Papa,
    I am currently a sophomore in high school and I cannot tell you what an immense push you have given me by talking about how your grades have been sliding and you felt discouraged, that just lets me know that college is not as easy as some people make it sound. I sincerely hope that your grades improve, so that the effort and the time you allot may be elucidated in your work. So, you've probably notice my use of the word "elucidate" ha ha well, it's something I've been trying to do to expand my vocabulary.

    Much warmhearted hugs,
    -Clara

    p.s. Happy Thanksgiving!
    *gobble gobble

    ReplyDelete