Friday, November 21, 2008

Thankful.

Hi Everyone!

I am very sorry that I have no blogged in these past two weeks. I have just been so busy with paper after paper and presentation after presentation.

This past Wednesday I was the student speaker at an admissions program called Long Island Student Reception. My speech came out quite well and everything went perfect. However more importantly, I had the opportunity of meeting so many great prospective students and family. As I moved from table to table introducing myself, I really felt a sense of community which is so evident here at Siena. I even met three families who read my blogs! (If you guys are reading now, I would really appreciate you leaving a comment with some contact information with your email so we can speak further about Siena!)

The speech went fabulous and the admissions team that went with me were incredible. We all worked the room and heard so many great stories. Your lives are full of excitement and it was a privilege meeting you all. As your high school story comes to an end, you are beginning a new, more exciting chapter in your life. College! And to quote my speech, "It's about a new beginning, a fresh start! It's about advancing education, having fun with new friends and embracing whats different while simultaneously appreciating what you have. It's about finding out who you are and what you really believe in. It's about getting involved and making the most of each new day. As Bob Marley sings, "Rise up this morning. And smile with the rising sun." Welcome to College! The best four years of your life."
I really do hope you call Siena home for the next four years of your life. It has been the best decision of my life, no question.

We are now only 6 days from Thanksgiving! I cannot wait to go home and see my family. We have no class on Wednesday, therefore most of the students are leaving Tuesday afternoon. Not only do I love to eat the amazing home cooked meals (which now come not so frequently anymore) but I love sitting around the table and discussing life with my mom, dad, older brother John and my twin sister, Lindsey. I come from a very small family. Each Thanksgiving, I grow older and more mature and this year I finally understand its true meaning. Of course, Thanksgiving has a different meaning for all of us, but for me its having the chance to be around family that I often take for granted. Home really is where my heart is. I'm thankful for coming home to a warm house full of love and memories and of course with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked foods. I have matured into a fine young man throughout my year and a half here. Siena has instilled so many new values and morals within me and everyday, I live my life by putting what I learned into action.

I am so happy to be home with my immediate family, but I am going to miss my Siena family. For me, that is my roommates and friends, Brian, Greg, David and Chris. My future best men at my wedding. We are our own family and I am so thankful to have them in my life. You guys support me on my good days and bad days, and sometimes my bad days outnumber my good days but you all are always there for me.

So now as I close out my blog,

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! I hope your college home is just as good as mine and I am most certain that you will find success in wherever your life brings you. I also, hope your road leads you to Siena College's Class of 2013.

Love,

Patrick Creegan

2 comments:

  1. I was one of the families that read your blogs and introduced myself Wednesday night. My name is Brittany, I actually was told I got accepted to Siena that night and will be there fall '09, class of 2013.
    You said to give you my contact information for anything, my email is brittanym.morrissey@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your speech was fantastic, you were clear and to the point, and you are correct the addmissions team at Siena is like no other(a special Thank You to Katie Collins from the admissions office). My daughter will be attending Siena next fall, and after visiting 10 schools, I can say they are the best out there. You are also correct about Family, there is nothing better in this world than a close family and we should never take family for granted . I saw something at Siena that I did not see at other schools,you are a family at Siena. From the students to the addmissions to the graduates, I am very happy my daughter chose to go to Siena. Whats up with the marriage talk, save that stuff for way down the road. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and now I can officially say to our Siena family as well.
    P.S. We read the blogs on a weekly basis you were all a big help, in getting us through this crazy chapter in my daughter's life, choosing a college. It was stressful at times. Happy Holidays !!!

    ReplyDelete