Friday, September 19, 2008

Adventures at Siena

Whats going on ladys and gentes?,

Another week gone bye. Where does the time go? The beautiful aspect of college is that your always kept busy. Between classes, sports, clubs, chillen with the friends, eating and sleeping there isn't really much time to think. Don't get me wrong, there is certainly down time; however, there is always something to get done. Much of my days throughout the week are preoccupied by three courses, sometimes four in a day, followed by hockey at 8 30 at night. Most of the time i have only a few minutes in between classes for a bite to eat, then onto the next class. I don't mind it though. I'd rather be on the go than be bored and lying in my room all day. I need to be motivated because I'm easily distracted, on top of being the worlds greatest procrastinator! As a science major my time is designated to homework, homework, homework. Once I'm out of practice, it's straight to the books, which in most cases means late nights/early mornings. Even though you would think hockey would impede my performance in school, being on the team has actually improved my ability to do better in the classroom. Our coach is awesome. He keeps on top of us. If we add, drop or are struggling in certain classes, he is willing to help out and get us tutoring. He knows that grades are more important in the end than hockey. He values that we succeed both on and off the ice. The hockey team so far has taught me teamwork, time management, and allowed me the opportunity to meet thirty other great guys that go to school at Siena. It should be a fun hockey season and a great school year. It's already looking like a blast two weeks into school! Alright everyone, its about time for me to head out. Keep it real ya'll. Talk to you later.

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment