Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Fun and Busy Week

So its already been over a week since I first arrived on campus September 1st. Its always great to see your friends again. I hardly can go outside without stopping to talk to somebody I know to catch up.

This year I'm living in Padua Hall. In my opinion its the nicest residence hall on campus. There's air conditioning, you get your own bathroom and, for those of us who are musically inclined, there is a grand piano in the lobby.

This semester I signed up for a hefty course load. I'm taking three political science courses: The U.S. Congress, Civil Liberties, and course on U.S policy regarding the War on Terror. I'm also taking two philosophy courses: Basic Logic and Philosophies of Love. Lastly, I'm taking macroeconomics. I've found all of the classes really interesting so far.

Aside from that we had the Club Fair last Friday. At the Club Fair most all of our clubs set up tables where incoming freshman and even some upperclassmen can sign up to be a part of the club. I was asked to sit at the Mock Trial club table and was excited to see so many people sign up. On top of that, today, we have the Volunteer Fair where students sign up with various organizations throughout the community to, you guessed it, volunteer. Volunteering is especially important to those of us in the honors program seeing how one of the requirements for completing the program are performing 100 hours of community service.

All in all its been a fun and busy week and I'm glad to be back in the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment