Friday, September 19, 2008

This week I got to see some folks that I spent a large part of last semester with. This last Thursday were Mock Trial tryouts. Judge King, who carries the title of Siena Jurist in Residence, and Sonia Smelyanski, a local lawyer, both of whom are our coaches, came to campus to help the team out in recruiting new members so as to assemble this years team. After the tryouts some members of the team went to the local Olive Garden with our coaches to reminisce about last year. Earlier on Wednsday I went to 10:00 Mass in Hennepin Hall and caught up with one of my favorite friars here at Siena, Father Dennis Tamburello.

Along with catching up with some old friends I am, even in my junior year, meeting new ones. One club I have been asked to be a part of is Saintly Speakers. The Saintly Speakers is designed, in part, to help build up various student's oratory skills. This is especially important to me given that I am considering law school.

Speaking of law school I attended the semester's first pre-law society meeting. There, Peter Gormanly, a former District Attorney, spoke with the club about preparation for taking the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT). Anyone who plans on going to law school has to do very well on the LSAT. I think I'll go and study now.

No comments:

Post a Comment