Monday, September 15, 2008

First week recap

Hey everyone! This first week of school has been crazy, but a blast. All of the pre-college jitters are out of my stomach and I'm enjoying the whole realm of the college world. I was worried before school started that I wouldn't fit in, everyone would be in clicks, and being that I'm from way up in Vermont, I didn't think anyone would have much in common with me, but all my worries and anxieties came to an end quickly. My dorm is AMAZING! Our whole floor is made up of some of the nicest guys that you'll ever meet. We do everything together: chill in each others rooms, play football, even eat dinner as a group. I've found that as long as you make the effort to talk and get to know people, the social aspect of college will be cake. Homework on the other hand is a different story. Being that I'm a Biochemistry major, getting work done isn't as easy as making friends. A lot of time and devotion is spent trying to finish up assignments. I'm kind of jealous of my roommates being that their business majors (with little homework) and they're enjoying themselves while I'm learning states of matter, grinding out numbers, you know the whole bit. As you can tell I'm bit of a nerd. Along with meeting new friends and getting homework done, I've been searching for new clubs to join. Siena offers such a wide variety of them its tough to choose just one or two. I'm thinking of joining the Outdoors club since they plan to go white water rafting, hiking, and camping, all the things I love to do back home, as well as joining the Biology club. I was stoked to have made the hockey team this past week. I'm looking forward to a long season ahead! Well, I have to hit the books as we speak, so till next week. Keep it real.

-Josh-

No comments:

Post a Comment