Wednesday, September 10, 2008

AMC Picnic

As you may or may not know, I am a part of the Albany Medical Program here at Siena and today we had our annual picnic. It is a time where all students of the AMC program can gather for a meal, both students at Siena and at the Medical college.

As a junior, I am still getting used to the idea of last year's seniors being first year medical students. I miss seeing them around campus, (granted I still see them all the time because many of them choose to come back to Siena to study). I loved hearing about their first exam that they had at medical school. It is very reassuring that they are all doing so well. I'm so scared to start medical school, but excited as well. They won't let me forget that in two more years, that will be me.

We also got a chance to meet the freshmen in the program. They all seem really nice. Its certainly going to take some time for me to remember all their faces and names, but its a start. I can't wait to see how the semester turns out.

I'm so lucky to be in the AMC program here at Siena. It has given me a whole network of people who support me and can advise me. Even students who have graduated two years ago when I was a freshman still keep in touch. It really is like an alternate family.

Below is a picture from the banquet they held my freshman year.



-Indira

No comments:

Post a Comment