Friday, October 23, 2009

And the verdict is....

So, if you have been following my LSAT (the test for law school admission) travails, you may know that I should have gotten my score by now. Well, I did, and I'm pretty satisfied with the 163 that I earned. Basically, one earns one's score by answering typically 100 questions on the test. The number of questions answered correctly is converted into a scale ranging between 120 and 180. To get into law school you probably need to get at least a 151, which puts you at the 50th percentile of all test takers, meaning, 50% scored higher than you, and 50% scored lower than you. A 163 puts me at the 88th percentile of test takers across the country. Not bad, but according to one of my instructors who knows the ins and outs of the LSAT, I have the potential to perform about five points higher (which in LSAT terms, is pretty significant). So he encouraged me to take the test again in December. I'm not one to gripe, but I am not a fan of the idea of getting prepared for the test again. It'll take a good deal of time and effort, not to mention several invocations of St. Joseph of Cupertino. In the end though, I figure you only live once, and that you should take every opportunity that presents itself to you. The difference between a 163 and, say, a 168 is the difference between finishing at the 88th percentile and the rarefied 96th percentile. Needless to say, I would sympathize with you guys that have to juggle all these commitments competing for your attention. In any case,as they say "Let the games begin!"

No comments:

Post a Comment