Monday, October 26, 2009

Just "Spook-tacular".

My Residents call me "Mom" so this seemed fitting.
Marvin, our hall "pet"
My favorite part might just be the creepy joker cat on this sign.

This one is a little demonic, and has actually creeped out some of the boys
This is my favorite! It has scared so many people when they look in the mirror (the quote, not my face =P)
Seeing dead people is normal, right?
I told my residents this is what happens to mischievous students.
A complete overview. Nice, dark and spooky. (It's even better at night)
Ironically enough, Halloween is actually my least favorite day of the year.


Happy Monday, Everyone!

It has been quite the week! I was thinking before I wrote this how all my posts revolve around fun activities, so I was going to gear this posts towards academics, But, honestly... Balance sheets, reading Jonah, learning equations, Canadian Literature and Cognitive Dissonance, although educational, collectively pale in comparison to anything else I do... So, this post will not be about academics :)

On that note, last week was quite an adventure! First, going off the theme of my corny title (I'm sorry, I had to) I have had quite the "fright-astic" week. First, I went to the midnight screening of Saw VI... Honestly, I don't see the appeal of those movies. It was just nasty. (my friend was counting down the minutes to the premiere, so I decided it'd be fun to go with her). We got back to campus around 2:30 am, and parents- have no fear- I completed all my work prior to going, and I went to my 8:15 class. Friday, after all my classes and errands I decorated my hallway for Halloween. Going off of the eerie movie that I saw the previous evening, I decided to really deck out the hallway. I must say, we may have outdone ourselves. It has gotten to the point where public safety officers are making trips just to see the floor I live on (the entire floor is decorated). Saturday, I saw "Paranormal Activity" and left the theatre shaking/crying and didn't sleep at all! My residents took that as a good opportunity to scare me even more and throughout the night they kept making stomping noises and shadows like in the movie.. they're real hilarious.

But, my favorite activity of this past week was the High Ropes Course. As an Resident Assistant it's my job to do different programs with our residents... It's also my favorite aspect of the job. The High Ropes Course is located on campus and it's just a great way to create trust, and have some fun outdoors. Now, my summer readers will know that my greatest accomplishment during training was climbing a ten foot wall... Well, that feat is dismal in comparison to what I did yesterday. My biggest fear is heights, but yesterday I scaled up a tree, and walked across a wire 40 ft in the air! It was sensational! I was terrified at first, and wanted to come down when I got to the top of the ladder, but with much encouragement I made it! It was such an amazing feeling too. I can't wait to do the activity again in the spring.

Now, with all that fun I do have plenty of work to keep me busy once again. This morning I had a marketing test, and this week I have a Religion Midterm. I'm already well prepared, so I'm not too worried. (I don't stress.. in case you couldn't tell) Saturday, besides being Halloween, my residents and I are going paintballing as another program. It's been the most anticipated program of the month :)

Anyway, I'm sorry if this post is a little lengthy... I just couldn't narrow it all down for you!

I'm sure I'll have plenty of stories next week for you!

Until then,
-Leanne

P.S- Of course I have pictures for you! Attached are pictures of my Hallway. Imagine waking up to this every morning :)

P.P.S- CONGRATULATIONS, MIKE! That is quite an accomplishment!

1 comment: