Thursday, October 22, 2009

Excitement and Stress

Hey guys!

Ok so my birthday is coming up on
Monday. I'm going to be 21! I feel so old. But I am really looking forward to this one. My family has been scheming up some kind of a surprise for me, so I'm excited to find out what it is. I just love birthdays. I always wear a ribbon in my hair on my birthday that says "Happy Birthday" on it. You guys might not know this about me, but I'm a ribbon girl. I wear ribbons in my hair as often as I can. I think that's a habit that I caught from the Academy of the Holy Names, which is the high school I went to. Anyone know it or go there? I had four great years there, and I think if I ever have daughters I would like to send them there in the future.

Anyway, so even with all of this excitement and suspense, I'm starting to feel a huge overwhelming sense of stress right now. We're right smack dab
in the middle of the semester, which means more exams, harder assignments and projects, and a lot more work. It also does not help that the deadline for applying to graduate school is fast approaching. I'm in the middle of applying to schools right now. It is definitely giving me a flash back to senior year of high school... same story. Except instead of SATs it's GREs, and my resume is a lot longer now. But I still have to fill out the application, mail in my transcripts, recommendation letters, and write a kind of essay (a.k.a. personal statement). Is anyone going through that right now? I know how tough it is. We're gonna get through it! And when we do, we'll be able to breathe again. Then in a few more months we'll have to start stressing about decisions!

Oh! I forgot, I wanted to show you guys a picture from one of my stress relievers two weekends ago. My family, Indira (my roomie and fellow blogger), and I went apple picking at Goold Orchards for the Apple Festival there last Sunday. It was lots of fun. I'm a big fan of doing fun things here and there, just getting outside and taking a break fr
om life for a while. Here they are:

Me climbing in a tree! I was trying to reach the Golden Delicious!


Indira eating a nice, tasty apple!


Well... I'm off to bed for now. I'll let you guys know how everything goes from birthday fun to grad school stress.

~Bianca


No comments:

Post a Comment