Monday, October 19, 2009

Hump Week.

Happy Monday, Everyone!

I have finally returned to the good ol' Siena after an elongated "Presidents" weekend. Being home was so wonderful. Parents, don't let your kids fool you. We may act all "cool" because we don't live at home anymore, but rest assured... being home means the world to us.

In the words of Julia Childs: "I LOVE TO EAT!". And, I'm so good at it! This weekend for me was all about family, and eating.. it's what us Italians do. Wednesday (I went home a day earlier than proposed) I spent 3 hours at our family restaurant just sitting at the bar, eating, and catching up with the bartender. Thursday, we went to my Dads favorite old school Italian restaurant called "Stellas" for his birthday. I'm not typically a fan of Italian restaurants because they usually pale in comparison to the real deal, but, there's a reason this restaurant has been around for 50+ years- they do italian right! Friday, and Saturday I worked, but was able to eat a delicious meal at the bar after my shift. Sunday, my trip concluded with a fantastic meal at my brothers apartment with friends. This weekend was so nourishing and refreshing. I went shopping, was able to sleep late, and just relax. Granted, I did have homework to do, but that's expected, and I'm glad I did it at home rather than being bamboozled tonight.

Even though it was beyond amazing to be home this past weekend, it's even more amazing being back at Siena. I have plenty of work to keep me busy, and plenty of great memories from this past weekend to keep me smiling.

Until next week,

Leanne

No comments:

Post a Comment