Monday, October 5, 2009

It's October Already?!











Hey Everyone!

Is anyone else completely baffled by the idea that it is already October? I remember freshman year going by quickly, but this year is literally flying by.. .I've been here for 2 months already!

This semester I have definitely gotten myself involved in a lot of activities and my grades have actually increased dramatically because of all these things going on. I'm glad it's had this effect, and not the other way around. Currently, I'm taking a break from studying for my Accounting exam tomorrow afternoon (I'm a bit nervous, to be honest... this test is taken through a virtual system called PRS which involves us answering the questions through a remote, without any writing... yikes!)

This past weekend was Parents Weekend, as well as the 800th Anniversary of the founding of the Franciscan Order. (Siena is a Franciscan College) Siena was a very happening place to be! All weekend long residents were knocking on my door and introducing me to their parents as "Mom". All their real moms thought it was the most adorable thing, and reassured me that if their son ever did anything bad that they would be calling and yelling at them. It was very amusing. There were a lot of activities for families on campus, such as "The Blessing of the Animals", Fireworks, and a Hypnotist on Saturday Night in our Student Union. Unfortunately, (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) my parents weren't able to make the trip because our family business was very busy, but, they did come up to visit last weekend, so I can't complain :)

P.S-Yesterday, I went to Mohawk River to do some studying, and took some pictures while there.. They're attached- I hope you enjoy!

Until next week,
Leanne

No comments:

Post a Comment