Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The End of the Beginning

Yesterday at 5 o'clock I left the friendly confines of Siena for the equally friendly confines of Mechanicville, New York. I took my last exam during the last time slot for exams, and, when I finally left campus, I felt like one of the last to leave. There's evidence behind my saying so, my car was very lonely all alone in the Foy Hall parking lot, which is typically filled up during classes. As I am a local boy, my trip home isn't terribly strenuous considering that I live a mere twenty minutes away. While its good to be home, I'm able to see my family pretty often throughout the semester and, believe it or not, that's the way I like it. For example, when hunting season comes around, I head home for the weekends to take part in the venerable pastime with Dear Ol' Dad (for those of you offended by such a prospect, I hasten to add I am not very good at it).

Like I said though, its always good to be home. I have a pretty full agenda for the break. I have to finish up all my law school applications ASAP, continue to work on my thesis proposal on American executive power, read some Kierkegaard (a fellow I deeply admire, if not always agree with) for a philosophy class, and son and so forth. As the saying goes, all work and no play make one a dull person, so I'll have to delay this important work, for the most eminent 'work' of all: relaxing and enjoying Christmas and New Years. I hope you all do the same!

Merry Christmas all,
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment