Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Home is where the heart is.

Hey Everyone!

So, you know that old saying "Home is where the heart is"?... Well, I'm in a bit of a predicament... My heart is in two places.. Siena, and Long Island... I guess I have two homes.

Well, the semester is over! I can finally relax. I came home Wednesday and right now is the first time I have to just relax. We had two family parties this year at my house, so we were constantly prepping. Christmas, my moms side of the family came over to celebrate. It was a little difficult this year because my cousin was recently deployed to Iraq for a year, but we all banded together and had a lot of laughs. At the end of the night we watched the Hangover and had a sleepover. Sunday, we had my Dads side of the family over... All 26 of us! It was great seeing everyone, and we even got a corny picture of all of us on the porch. At this point, my cousins are having babies, and it's so astonishing to see the kids grow up right before your eyes. You know how adults always say "I remember when you were a baby!"? Well, now I'm that person. I can't believe my baby cousins are already 7 and 5, and my other baby cousin is already 1! I'm starting to teach my 7 year old cousin how to play basketball and lacrosse- so, we had an intense game of basketball outside my house. It was me, my 5 year old cousin, Tom vs Dylan (my boyfriend) and my 7 year old cousin, Nick. Now, Dylan has a height advantage (he's 6ft), but, me and Tom still dominated the courts... in a dress and uggs... How's that for being a bit of a tomboy. We had the whole family outside cheering us on.. It was so much fun... And, now my spot is secure for the "Favorite Older Cousin" Award.

Now, it's time to relax. For most of my days I will be working, but I will also be making a few roadtrips. On January 9th, the club that I coordinate along with 3 others will be honored for our work with Project Linus during the halftime of the Siena Mens Basketball game by Trustco Bank. This is an incredible honor for all four of us, and I know each of us are humbled.

Well, thats all for now. Happy New Years Everyone!

I'll see you 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment