Thursday, December 31, 2009

Hello 2010!

Might I point out that it's nearly two weeks since the beginning of winter and we've only had one significant snow storm (at least where I am) and there is hardly any snow on the ground at all. This would be catastrophic if not for the fact that ski resorts are able to make their own snow.

But I digress, after all, we're on the cusp of a new year. I was always fond of New Year's Eve, mostly because I go to my Aunt and Uncle's house (father's side) to count down the New Year. You see, for Christmas, my relatives from my mother's side of the family head on up from Staten Island. It's always a pleasure to see them, but, seeing how I have no cousins from that side of the family, all of them are on the verge of qualifying for social security, that is to say, ahem...old. My father's side is different, I am one of eleven cousins, and when you put us all together in one spot, we were prone to wreak havoc. Being the youngest of them, I always became the scapegoat for anything and everything that went wrong, I was even given the moniker "Low man on the totem pole." Family is family though, and it never gets old, so that's where I'll be heading to bring in the New Year.

I leave you with this, from Calvin & Hobbes, the greatest comic strip ever conceived by man:

Hobbes: "Are you making any resolutions for the new year?"
Calvin: "Resoultions? Me?? Just what are you implying? That I need to change?? Well buddy, as far as I'm concerned, I'm perfect the way I am!"

Brilliant.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment