Monday, November 16, 2009

Its Crunch Time!

Many of you know that I am captain of the Bhangra Team. Well, our first performance is right around the corner. We will be the last act at Fall Fusion this Saturday. Fall Fusion is put on jointly by the Asian Students Association and the Black and Latino Student Union. The show is basically a multicultural talent show with singing and dancing and poetry and music and anything else you can think of!

This year's theme is the circus! ASA has been working on decorations for quite some time now. I have to say, they look pretty awesome! They've got giant elephants and tigers and clowns... and so much more! I can't wait to see what the final set up looks like. I'll have to get some pictures for you folks.

There are a lot of students performing in the show. It is a pretty big event on campus; anywhere from 500 - 600 students come to see the show.

I know the Bhangra Team is performing Last. The Step Team will also be on stage. They're really good. I could never step like they do. I've always wanted to learn how to step. It looks amazing when they do it on stage!

One of our members on the Bhangra Team, Eben, is also preforming a ballroom dance routine. I saw him practicing today, its looking pretty awesome!

There is also the fashion show. All the outfits are student made and look pretty edgy! A lot of people participate in the fashion show because it doesn't take too much time and c'mon, who doesn't want to be the star of the runway?

Fr. Dennis is also in the show. He's a Friar in Residence in Hennepin Hall right now. He plays guitar and drums and is in his own band. He sometimes plays on campus at certain events. It looks like he'll be at Fall Fusion this year!

I've also got a few friends singing and playing guitar. They're really talented and take advantage of any opportunity to play.

My friend Derrell also has an awesome hip hop routine going with his friends. They perform every semester and are pretty good. That's another thing I wish I could learn, how to dance hip hop. It looks like so much fun!

Well, I can guarantee that there are wayyyy more acts than what I just listed, but it is obvious the amount of diversity we have in our show. It is always an awesome event. It also serves as a fundraiser too! I believe we are donating to the Red Cross for International Relief Funds.

Well, make sure to check the blogs next week, I promise to pose a picture or two from the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment