Friday, November 6, 2009

Making Schedules

Hey everyone!

So I can't believe this has snuck up so fast... on Monday at 7:30 am I will be making my last class schedule at Siena College! :-/

We usually make our schedules here about a month before finals. We have to check our CAPP reports, which basically show what requirements we need to meet in order to graduate, and in order to earn a degree in our major(s) or minor(s). Then we get to see what classes meet those requirements, or what classes we'd be interested in. And Siena is really great with having just enough required classes so you get a really well-rounded education, but you also get a strong focus on your major, and you can experiment with new things, too. After we decide what we might be interested in taking, and everything fits in a feasible schedule, we meet with our Advisor. Everyone at Siena has an Advisor that helps them make decisions throughout their college career. My advisor is Dr. Lise Wilson, who is in the Biology Department (you are most likely matched with an advisor in your own department). I just met with her about an hour ago and had our last bittersweet meeting. Then we talked about the future and grad school, etc. She has been a great advisor to me these past four years.

So what did I decide to take next semester? Well, I will be taking Biochemistry to finish up my last Biology requirement. And I will be taking Drawing I to fulfill my Creative Arts requirement. Then I'm going to take a course that doesn't meet any requirement at all... Philosophy of Language. That will be my personal interest course of the semester. It'll be tough, but worth it. On top of that, I have to take my final Honors Thesis course in which I will be completing my thesis. And I will be doing research in Dr. Ken Helm's lab (as I have been for the past year and half). That's it!

I really can't believe this is my last schedule :-(

But anyway, let me know if you guys have any questions about schedules, requirements, or advising. I would be happy to tell you about any of these things!

~Bianca

No comments:

Post a Comment