Sunday, November 22, 2009

Siena...after school job placement

Hey everyone! Sorry haven't been on in a while, the stomach bug ran through me for the past week or so. I have to catch up on work and all that good stuff now, but thats for later. On a different note, last week in physics lab our professor had asked us to go to one of the seminars the department was putting on. Everyone was skeptical, and didn't want to get their feet wet, but we all decided "what the heck" and left to go listen. I have to say, it was probably one of the best decisions I've made in a while. The presentation was from a local business in Albany called Albany Nanotech. I never paid much attention to the big corperate company/research facility even when driving by it to go to cross gates; however, their business does some serious work. Especially in my field of work as a chemist, they mass produce a bunch of different equipment as well as further their research in a number of medical procedures. One such product that was talked about was memory chips in cell phones. Their company manufactures these chips and they need scientists such as me to produce them. (I wish I had the time to intern in the summer, but it makes it hard living in VT) I know it may sound geeky, but when your in class all day and studying for rediculous tests, its nice to know that if and when you get out of school, you could possibly be doing something cool with your life. This prosentation was just one of many the school of science offered, I just thought it was one of the more memorable ones.

Thanks for reading...Josh Baillargeon

No comments:

Post a Comment